Our pure organic cacao powder is a little different from our ceremonial grade cacao buttons. The natural cacao butter has partially been removed. In other words, our powder is a lower fat cacao. It is still rich in nutrients, and is a much healthier alternative to processed cocoa powder. Unlike the ceremonial grade cacao buttons which need to be melted, our pure cacao powder does not require heat and is ideally used in smoothies, breakfast bowls, milkshakes, bliss balls and raw desserts.
Why is this cacao so special?
Each spoon of our pure cacao powder lovingly connects you directly to the farmers and communities in the cacao growing region of Central Peru. This premium cacao has a delicious, smooth, chocolate flavour and is tended to in areas where, for years, there were issues with the cocaine cartel, farmer exploitation and extreme poverty. Growing these illegal crops was the only option these cacao farmers had. Thankfully these rich, fertile lands have now been rescued and the farmers have returned to their thousand year old tradition of cultivating some of the worlds best cacao. This heart opening strain of shade-grown Central Amazonian 'criollo' cacao promotes biodiversity and improves soil fertility.
Your purchase helps to create a sustainable and socially just cacao future.
Why you should drink cacao daily
- One of the highest sources of antioxidants on the planet. It's in cacao's very nature to protect you from harm
- Strong plant based source of iron
- Rich in magnesium, supporting the health of the heart, brain, womb and central nervous system
- More calcium than cow's milk
- Gentle heart activating energy from theobromine (unlike caffeine which is a brain stimulant)
- Natural mood elevator and antidepressant
- High in feel good neuro-modulators such as anandamide (bliss molecule) and PEA (the love molecule)
- Stabilises blood sugar levels and regulates appetite (good source of fibre)
- Increases focus, awareness and creativity
- Supports liver detoxification
Ingredients - 100% Pure Premium Cacao Powder
- Certified Organic
- Ethically sourced, direct from a small Peruvian farming co-op (no brokers)
- No sugar, dairy or gluten
- Sustainable agroforestry in Central Peruvian Amazon
- Tested for heavy metals
- Rich & creamy chocolate taste