THE WELL Tea & Tinctures
I’m Katie, I am a Naturopath and Herbalist living in Mt Maunganui. I am the founder of THE WELL, which produces a beautiful therapeutic range of herbal tinctures and certified organic teas to support health and well-being. I also provide naturopathic consultations, where I work with clients to identify the underlying causes of health challenges before tailoring individual treatment plans which include education, diet, lifestyle, nutritional supplements, and herbal medicine recommendations.
In my clinical practice I have witnessed how chronic stress, diet, and toxins are taking its toll on people’s health, resulting in rising levels of anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, low mood, inflammation, digestive issues, liver overload, and immune dysfunction. I formulated my tea & tinctures to work alongside diet and lifestyle improvements, providing additional support for the body systems being impacted by these issues.
THE WELL tea collection includes 5 loose-leaf blends:
ENERGY – An invigorating blend of green tea, licorice, lemongrass, ginger, cinnamon
IMMUNE – A fortifying blend of echinacea, rosehip, elderflower, hibiscus, thyme, ginger
DETOX – A purifying blend of dandelion, milk thistle, tulsi, fennel, ginger, coriander, clove
CALM – A relaxing blend of withania, licorice, tulsi, cinnamon, clove
NOURISH – A luxurious blend of tulsi, cardamom, & rose
Each herb is selected for its therapeutic properties, and hand-blended together to create a delicious flavour that soothes the mind, body, and soul. The taste of each blend was important, as I want people to welcome and enjoy their daily tea ritual, while also supporting their health.
SHOP THE WELL TEA RANGE HERE
THE WELL tincture collection includes 5 blends:
ADRENAL – Withania, rehmannia, siberian ginseng, schisandra to nourish the adrenals.
CALM – Passionflower, withania, skullcap, magnolia to support nervous tension and stress.
SLEEP – Zizyphus, skullcap, passionflower, california poppy to support sleep.
IMMUNE – Echincaea, andrographis, pelargonium, elderberry, thyme, ginger to support immune function and build resistance.
DIGEST – Lemon balm, peppermint, fennel, gentian, chamomile, dandelion root, milk thistle, globe artichoke, licorice to support digestion and sluggish liver.
Each tincture is hand blended from premium liquid herbal extracts, certified organic herbs and New Zealand grown ingredients are used where-ever possible. Tinctures are available on The Well website, along with more information.
Tips to support gut health and mental well-being
Due to an increase in clients experiencing depression, anxiety, chronic stress, and sleep disorders I thought it may be helpful to share some tips to support gut health for improved mental well-being. Studies show that an important contributor to our mental health lies in the diversity of our gut microbiome and the health of our gut linings. Dopamine and serotonin are considered ‘happy hormones’ as they play a role in increasing positive moods and emotions. An estimated 50% of our body’s dopamine and 90% of our body’s serotonin is produced within the cells that line the gut. These cells require a diverse population of bacteria to be present on their surface for optimal production of these neurotransmitters.
A healthy gut microbiome is dependent on the quality and diversity of the air we breathe, foods and beverages consumed, medications, chronic stress, exposure to chemicals, and time spent in nature. In a typical day, we face constant exposure to hidden toxins that undermine our microbiome diversity and gut barrier. Here are some simple diet and lifestyle tips to support a healthier digestive tract and mental well-being:
- Enjoy a minimum of one cup of fresh fruit and at least three cups of fresh vegetables daily. Eat a ‘rainbow’ for more nutrient variety. Gut microbes love vegetables, especially organic.
- Growing some herbs and vegetables is a great way to reduce chemicals in food.
- Increase the amount of wild fermented veggies in your day - sauerkraut, kimchi.
- Consume healthy fats – a handful of raw almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, hemp, or flax seeds daily. Fish & avocado are also great.
- Choose whole foods over processed foods to reduce colours, flavours, and preservatives.
- Reduce intake of refined sugar - it increases inflammation and dysbiosis.
- Reduce intake of gluten if you experience bloating or fatigue after consuming.
- Reduce caffeine to one cup a day. Replace with herbal tea or lemon infused water.
- Reduce alcohol by avoiding it during the week, especially if waking at 2-3am.
- Drink plenty of filtered water.
- Exercise daily – outside and in nature is especially good for mental health.
- Breathwork is a powerful tool to reduce stress and support the nervous system.
- Enjoy physical contact with others and build a supportive social network.
To find out more about THE WELL tea & tinctures or for naturopathic support please visit the website at www.the-well.co.nz